[AMRadio] 7285Kc tomorrow/Saturday

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Sat Jan 7 19:47:42 EST 2006

The band seemed good till about 10:30, then took a nose dive.
I was on 7295 after K3MSB and N8YHY got off 7992.

W8VYZ was loud (and wide like usual), calling cq on top of a qso, band
conditions or a receiver problem...
I heard Paul, VJB, he was strong into south Jersey, but what he has been
running on 40
lately SEEMS to be wide in my receivers, not like the usual (very clean)
signal.

K3MSB, your audio looked very low on the scope, like 20% modulated, and
N8YHY was very distorted
and restricted sounding. Not sure what he was running, but it sounded bad...
Why did you guys pick 7292?
I could not squeeze in above or below you, from 7280 to 7300 was taken up
with 2 qso's...

Anyway, band conditions were much worse then last weekend.

It seems to me that 40 meters seems to have a crap load of people running
their equipment
poorly, I hear (and see on the scope) loads of people running very low
audio, or way to much,
very wide splattering signals, people being 2 or 3 kc off frequency, etc.

Overmodulation and wide signals seems to be really common lately, not sure
why.

Brett
N2DTS