[AMRadio] coils

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Sun Jan 8 18:48:57 EST 2006

If it does not need to be real small, one way to get a good coil
is to wind one out of copper tubing.
Home depot sells various types, small/thin, bigger and thicker...
I made the pi net tank coil for the pair of 4D32 rf deck out of copper
tubing,
I soldered big wire terminal lugs (the crimp on type) on the ends of the
coil and
bolted it to large ceramic standoff insulators.

Here is a link to a picture:

http://wa5bxo.shacknet.nu/N2DTS/new%20coil-a.JPG

My thanks to wa5bxo who still has my pictures up!
The wine bottle in the picture was used to wind the tubing on.
The home brew receivers are in the background...

Brett