[AMRadio] 7285Kc tomorrow/Saturday

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 06:08:32 EST 2006

Mark K3MSB wrote:

>Yes.  I've tried a scope now and then (I have an old 60 Mhz B&K), but
>truthfully I've never been able to really see when the modulation
>level is 100% or other.  I know what ideal waveforms look like (with
>test inputs),  but I have a hard time with a typical speech waveform.
> I guess if I'm really at 20% that would be fairly easy to discern.
>When I used the scope before I was trying to figure out how to tell if
>I was say at 70%, 80%, 90% etc,  and never felt I could do it
>accurately.

Read the John/Don/Bacon page about asymetrical audio.  It's written
well, it's illustrated well, and completely discusses high-level, plate
modulated audio and how much you -really- need.

"Operating your AM Rig with out an oscilloscope,
is like driving your car at night without headlights."
(-K4KYV/Don Chester - AM Press Exchange)

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR