[AMRadio] AM modulation

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue Jan 10 01:45:35 EST 2006

Jim Wilhite wrote:

> Look here:
> http://www.qsl.net/wa5bxo/amtech.html

I imagine he was just catching up, and reading the list-mail, and saw
the one message where I forgot to inclue the URL (which was immediatly
done in the -next- message).

A Lot of times, someone will ask the whole of the group a question.
Instead of jumping in on -that- particular message, I'll read through
the list, -first- to make sure it hasn't already been answered, -or-,
someone elses point of view has been given (if that's what the situation
requires) and one that is similar to mine has been brought to light,
then there'd be no need for me to chime and and say (basically) -me,
too-, unless my whole intent and purpose was to take up bandwidth.

We could all use a little refresher guide in email nettiquette from time
to time.

Like:
DO Quote the previous mesage, but only quote the relavant text needed
for the conversation.

intersperse replies throughout the message, to simulate a normal flow of
conversation

Remove all other unnecessary 'junk' from the message.
    In this group, every message has the group-id and url on where to
get information on the list, and who's taking care of the list, etc...
When someone is reading a message -thread- , who in the world wants to
see that at the bottom of a message, 17 times, because no one took the
time to clean off that message and make it look -proper-?  It's pretty
much the same as being excessivly wide.

Those are just -my- thoughts and opinions.

---
73 = Best Regards
-Geoff/W5OMR