[AMRadio] Millen High Voltage Connectors

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 19:23:41 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/10/06 11:37:54 AM, garyschafer at comcast.net writes:

> If you over tighten the millen connectors they will crack the shell of the
> chassis part pretty easily. You may not realize they have cracked. This can
> be a leakage point.

Yep, they sure will.   For HV I like to use a ceramic feed through insulator
covered by a removable housing to prevent accidental contact with the exposed
screw stud.   The Navy SRT-14/15/16 transmitters used ceramic plate caps (807
size) on the cable ends and ceramic feed throughs with appropriately sized
brass mating lugs on the chassis side for HV connections.   Clever solution.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA