[AMRadio] Negative Loading circuits - good, bad, or ?

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Wed Jan 11 15:31:36 EST 2006

I use the one mentioned earlier, it used tubes and was in
an old QST.
The variac is on the power supply that provides the
voltage to the RF deck when the carrier is cut off.
This circuit uses 3 diodes, a load resistor,
and the power supply.

Some circuits use a voltage dropping resistor instead
of a power supply, but there is no easy way to adjust
the point at which you want the loading to start at.
You can also use a panel meter on the power supply
(current) to show how hard you are into the loading...

Brett
N2DTS