[AMRadio] I'm not an antenna expert

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 21:12:26 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/11/06 10:07:04 AM, jpl15 at panix.com writes (in part):

>   But the question I still have is - what do you think of modifying the
> Loop into a dipole - I'm going to try it anyway, just for the halibut -

John
Good idea.   Antennas experiments are fun!

> but I have also thought of replacing the ladder-line with coax and a balun
> at the feed point - dunno yet.

Quick and dirty, just try grounding one side of your ladder-line at the input
end and feeding the other side off the single ended output of your ATU and
see what happens.   SWR figures might be better (but could also be worse).
Line will probably radiate too if you do this but so what?   I ran delta loops
this way for several years with good results.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA