[AMRadio] ARRL bandwidth petition draws anti-AM'ers out of

Brian bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jan 11 21:13:46 EST 2006

This guy is VERY short sighted if he thinks AM is going to be
a big problem. He hasn't heard ANYTHING until he has heard the
band-polluting garbage waiting in the wings from the digital
modes that ARRL wants to be used from DC to Daylight!

The pests that push Winlink/Pactor on amateur radio have
demonstrated
their careless, hazardous operation for a few years now.

I will no longer to pay to help ARRL destroy amateur radio
with their foolish, ill-considered bandwidth proposals
and the dishonest claim that they have adequately consulted
radio amateurs before making this proposal.
It has been roundly rejected by the vast majority of hams
in discussions in a variety of forums. Yet they blindly
press on!

I don't place much greater hope in FCC any more.
But we should all let them know how disgusted we are with the
proposal.

Your opinion may vary. My mind is made up.

Yes, the behavior of the anti-AMers is absurd too!
They need to get something other than air between their ears!