[AMRadio] Good solid state/hybrid rigs for AM use

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Thu Jan 12 18:43:40 EST 2006

> Keep in mind, when you run the 32V2, you should get 80/90 watts
> out in the high voltage position (and should have solid state rectifiers),
> but running an ft101, and others of its ilk, you get about 20 watts out.

My 32V3 gets 107 (exactly) watts out in HV position with 121 volts AC input
and using the original tube rectifiers. I would be afraid to use solid state
rectifiers even though I have them on hand. Maybe some day when the tubes go
bad and I use LOW voltage I will try them.With 2 used, 1 new 4D32 tube I get
the the same results.. 40 meters as reference.
I get good reports on a TS-570D with a 444D mike using a 3 tube 811A amp. It
all works if not overdriven.. 73 Mike