[AMRadio] Good solid state/hybrid rigs for AM use

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Thu Jan 12 20:18:29 EST 2006

Lots of people seem to worry about running the 32v3 on high voltage.
I wonder why.
The only typical problem was the low voltage transformer, which
is why it's a good idea to remove all that filament power off it
by solid stating the rectifiers.

I used to use the 32v3 as an exciter and had a
variac on the high voltage.
The 32v was rack mounted, the variac was mounted in a panel
in the bottom of the rack.
When I got around to measuring the high voltage with
the variac all the way up, it was over 1000 volts,
it ran that way with no problem for years.
With the home brew 4d32 rf deck, the tubes seem to like
1200 volts without problems.