[AMRadio] Re: Your comments about AM

Brian Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 17:14:16 EST 2006

An open letter to W7RT:

Richard,

Let's stick to the facts instead of the opinions.

What are YOU doing with other modes that "advances the technological art" as you
put it? Zilch!

NO ONE in amateur radio "advances the technological art"
these days. They haven't done so for many years.

So your argument does not hold water. You chose to ignore
that and resort to defending yourSELF, as if that is the issue.
It is not at all.

AM is a great mode. Attacking it is like some personal
vendetta for you apaprently.

You obviously do not even know what "ad hominem" means
or you would not have responded with such a patently
erroneous remark. I studied Latin in the Junior and Senior
High years. You should try it!

My statements had to do with the content of YOUR remarks
and your approach to this strawman, not with the person making
them.

YOU are the only one choosing to try to make this personal.
This appears to be your only way of defending your
non-technical, emotion-based comments.

I don't know you. I can only observe that you are woefully uninformed
about AM, as well as about the bandwidth proposal, and apparently
you have different experiences from me.

I have no further comment for you. There seems to be a brick wall
filter built into your receiver.

AF4K