[AMRadio] Coleman Powermate "Cold Heat" Soldering iron review

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Jan 15 10:49:28 EST 2006

Jim the Coleman product is a branded product from those people who advertise
on cable TV.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/coldheat/coldheat/products/127700/

My wife thought it would be a good birthday gift so I have one too.  I tried
it one time and had the same results.  The bad part is they reminded her
that an optional tip would be best so she bought it.

Cost, $19.95 for the iron, $35 for the optional tip + shipping.  Another
thing, as you pointed out, it uses electricity flowing through the joint to
melt the solder.  There are some things I don't want electricity flowing
through.

I don't know about Coleman, but the Cold Heat people advertise that if you
are not satisfied they will refund your money.  I am going to check
tomorrow.

73  Jim
W5JO