[AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11305

Phil Galasso k2pg at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 15 12:59:49 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11305

> This over-regulation holds true for a lot of other realms in the U.S.
laws,
> but I digress. The problem is that we are so accustomed to being
> incentivized, and over-regulated that we do not have good self-discipline
> on the bands.

What an insulting, condescending attitude toward your fellow Americans!
Canada once had similar, although somewhat more liberal, subband
restrictions. They lifted them a few years ago and guess what...NO CHAOS!
Does one somehow become incapable of following band plans once he or she
crosses the border into the United States? Are Canadians and Europeans
somehow part of an amateur radio elite, while Americans are uncultured slobs
who sit on their porches guzzling Pabst Blue Ribbon and peeing in their
flower beds? Please give us more credit for that!

Yes, we have our share of idiots on the bands. Maybe, if we had a little
more room to spread out, instead of being crammed into narrow phone
subbands, there would be less "stepping on" the AM window by SSB operators.
I spend a lot of time on 160 meters, usually on 1885. If I hear SSB there, I
invite those guys to join us. As a result, I have had many pleasant
cross-mode QSOs and some of the SSB'ers have switched to AM! No turf
wars...just good, old ham radio at its best.

I for one am so sick of these self-hating American hams who think along the
lines of the old "N-----s to the back of the bus!" mentality as far as our
operating priveliges are concerned. Although I have held an Extra Class
license since 1976, I feel that it is a second-class license vis-a-vis
licenses issued by other countries because of these antiquated restrictions.
Enough is enough!

Phil Galasso
K2PG