[AMRadio] Free TS-497B/URR Signal Generator

Brian K Harris brian.k.harris at philips.com
Sun Jan 15 14:51:29 EST 2006

This TS-497B/URR was my bench generator for about 30 years.  Now I have a
URM-25 and an HP solid state generator so I no longer need it.  The
TS-497B/URR covers 2 to 400 Megacycles/Megahertz.  It works and has full
AM modulation, however I can't set the RF output level calibration level
so the actual output level may not be what the calibrated output
attenuator says it should be.  This is probably a problem with the level
detector itself, which is a separate circuit, so I don't expect it will
difficult to solve.  It's immaculate inside, actually a work of art, and
the outside isn't bad either.  I think it uses a 9002 oscillator.

You can have it for free if you pick it up in the Dallas, TX area.  If I
have to ship it, I am going to charge $5 to pack it and haul it to UPS
plus you are going to pay the shipping.  It will weigh 49-50 pounds when
properly packed.   Pictures, inside and out, are available on request.

If there are multiple requests for this generator I'll give it to the
person with the best story.   It nobody wants it between now and next
weekend, it gets parted out, which I really don't want to do.

Stay tuned, there's more free stuff to come.

Brian K. Harris, WA5UEK

Mobile: 214-763-5977 (preferred)
Office:   972 705-2484
Fax:       972-705-2450