[AMRadio] Re: Your comments about AM

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:28:21 EST 2006

Well, the concept of cellular phones was taken from the 2 meter ham
community.  I remember having a keypad on my 2 meter hand held and an
autodial capability in the repeater long before cell phones were even
heard of.  It used to amaze my non ham friends that I could call home
while driving down the highway....not so impressive anymore.

On 1/15/06, Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Maybe I missed something...
> OK name something recent that was an innovation that
> radio amateur came up with that advanced the radio art.
>
> On 13 Jan 2006 at 16:32, Grant Youngman wrote:
>
> > > NO ONE in amateur radio "advances the technological art"
> > > these days. They haven't done so for many years.
> >
> > Maybe you're just not paying attention?
> >
> > Grant/NQ5T

> > AM List Admin: Brian Sherrod/w5ami, Paul Courson/wa3vjb

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."