[AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Mon Jan 16 19:20:52 EST 2006

I agree Brian! I've heard encroachment by SSB stations before, but never
down as far as that last contest. Some people I wrote to said I had to be
making it up, that they stopped at 7025 or 7030. But like you, I copied a
SSB station calling "CW Contest" on 7002. Disgraceful. I try to not get an
attitude toward contesters. It's never been my "thing" but I understand that
there are plenty of areas in ham radio that don't interest me but do others.
Maybe it's the excitement of the chase, but it seems like contesters take
the cake on rudeness and inconsideration when they get into the thick of it.
Let me also say that I'm sure 90% of contesters don't behave like this.

But as we all know it only takes one or two idiots to make any group look
bad. This is why some hams have problems with AM'ers. All it takes is one
splatter-happy clod, one idiot playing music, etc to make up the minds of
many that ALL AM'ers are idiots. Most of us are not like that but we get
painted with the same brush. Good thing to keep in mind when you're thinking
badly about some other group. :-)

73,

Mark W1EOF