[AMRadio] Vote on RM-11305

Phil Galasso k2pg at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 17 20:55:03 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
> the above is the problem too many who do not like to follow rules
> that have worked for decades.
> there is always freeband cb for those who do not like what has worked
> for decades

I guess, then, that you are perfectly happy with the "American-free" zones
on choice parts of 15 and 20 meters, where everyone else in the world may
work phone but we can't. I guess you just love to be unable to work DX on 40
meter phone because the American phone band is useless at night due to all
the broadcast stations operating there...while the REST OF THE WORLD has a
phone segment (determined by IARU bandplans, not government regulation)
between 7050 and 7100 kHz. I guess you enjoy fighting the congestion on 75
meter phone while huge chunks of our CW/data-reserved portion of 80 meters
go unused, with nothing on them but static, foreign SSB stations, and a few
commercial stations. (80 meters is shared with other services worldwide.)

There was always the Soviet Union for those who like their government
dictating to them what they may and may not do...but the USSR no longer
exists...and not even THEY had those ridiculous subband restrictions that we
have had to put up with for decades.

We Americans have been riding on the back of the spectrum bus for far too
long. The people behind RM-11305 are the Rosa Parks of amateur radio. Let's
support them.

Enough is enough!

Phil
K2PG