[AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Jan 17 21:31:48 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer at comcast.net>
To: "'Discussion of AM Radio'" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:08 PM
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

> Many were confused about what PEP really was, including the manufacturers
> if
> you look at some of the old spec sheets on SSB gear.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

Gary, aren't a lot of people still confused about PEP?  Listening to some
conversations and reading some reflectors lead me to believe so.  Sometimes
I think it is right up there with SWRS.

How many realize the duty cycle of the human voice is only about 1/3?
Unless of course as you stated, there is a lot of AVC, or is that AGC, or
maybe processing.   Hummmm whole new argument.

73  Jim
W5JO