[AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Jan 19 14:58:47 EST 2006

I think this may be a bit of over reaction to RM 11305.  Look at the number
of signals in the Extra portion of the 80 meter band.  You won't find many
down there because operators like to talk to their friends.

Throughout the country, nets all operate on the General portion to foster
maximum participation.  I have never heard a net on the Extra portion.
Operators congregate where their friends are.

There might be a deviation from that when contests are held, but then we
could just limit the places where the contestants are allowed to operate.
That would be much simpler than restricting the bands into bandwidth
specific modes.

Since CW & digital modes are acceptable on all parts of the band, why can't
phone modes be acceptable on all parts of the band?  The greatest risk we
run is reducing QRM in the phone portion.  I believe that would make more of
us gentlemen.  Despite what some think, most amateurs are considerate of
others, RM 11305 would give us extra space to do that.  Mode or bandwidth
restrictions simply promote special interest groups against the majority of
us who choose not to use digital or CW as a mode of operation.

73  Jim
W5JO