[AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

Phil Galasso k2pg at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 19 21:15:35 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----

Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition to RM-11306

> With no legal rules holding a band together, RM-11305 actually encourages
> "bad boy", "animalistic", and "maverick" type behavior.

It seems that the only times I hear that kind of stuff going on in the 160
meter band (our only band below 222 MHz that does not have FCC subband
restrictions) is during contests sponsored by CQ Magazine or your beloved
ARRL. The CQWW brings out this kind of operation on all bands. I have
operated from several countries over the years and it is the HF contests
that seem to bring out this kind of operation.

Please give your fellow Americans more credit than that. And maybe you
should tell the tin gods of Newington that they should write rules into
their contests requiring participants to adhere to the IARU bandplan for
their region (and to disqualify contesters who violate those bandplans),
instead of petitioning the FCC for more nitpicking restrictions that are
even more obnoxious than the ones we have now.

Phil K2PG