[AMRadio] AM Speech processing

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Mon Jan 23 19:57:02 EST 2006

I have done this for a number of the group here in Texas. You are
correct and it does help you in the EQ mode. I have found that you do a
recording before and then a recording after you help the person through
the EQ. As is normal we all hate how our voice sounds over the air.
Someone that knows you
In person is by far the best person to help you EQ.

I personally run with my T-368 with a Marshall Mike and a W2IHY EQ / 8
band/ w Noise Gate into an 8 channel mixer set flat through a Marti
Compressor/ Limiter to the N9FOY Speech amp. Everyone says it sounds
great. Running Positive 110 % Modulation with 95% Negative peaks. Using
a Gates Mod Monitor.

I tend to agree with you John on the mike but this Marshall 3/4
Condenser was on sale for $49.95 at Musicians Friend with the Shock
Mount. I was totally shocked with the performance. I tend to favor the
Heil PR-40 but run it on SSB. Can not afford 2  Hi...

My nickels worth...

Bob W1PE Dallas