[AMRadio] Music from the 40s

Phil Galasso k2pg at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 24 20:18:56 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----

> I often hear 40s and early 50s music on CBC Toronto 740
> AM.  (Used to be CBL Toronto.)

The CBC does not own the 740 kHz outlet in Toronto anymore. CBL moved to FM
several years ago and is now CBLA on 99.1 MHz. The CRTC (Canada's equivalent
of our FCC, but concerned strictly with broadcasting matters) required the
CBC to vacate 740 kHz if they wanted to move the CBC Radio One service to
FM. The station on 740 is CHWO and it does play excellent music. CHWO keeps
me company during my long Sunday night drives from New Jersey to my new home
in Pennsylvania.

Phil Galasso
K2PG