[AMRadio] Why the League Petition would be BAD for AM

Bob Scupp k5sep at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 14:24:24 EST 2006

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:06:14 -0800 (PST)
From: "Bob Scupp" <k5sep at yahoo.com>  Add to Address
Book  Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Web page appears in opposition
to RM-11306
To: AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
CC: "Brian Carling" <bcarling at cfl.rr.com>

"The exact same thing can be said of the ARRL
proposal.
The only difference is that the ARRL proposal hampers
everyone
with a lot more complicated rules and hampers the FCC
with
enforcing something they don't have time to monitor."

Brian-

I agree with you! Based on historical retrospect, the
FCC will not possess the budgetary means to enforce it
also. The ARRL will not want to enforce it through the
Official Observer program because of legal liability.
Therefore, the entire Amateur Radio community will
have to respond to it. Sorry, but I do no think that
will happen either or will be far and few between and
totally ineffective!

"Just the fact ma'am and only the facts!", as they say
on Dragnet.

Thanks for your and everyone else's comments.

73's,

Bob K5SEP

"The ARRL will not want to enforce it through the
Official Observer program because of legal liability.
Therefore, the entire Amateur Radio community will
have to respond to it. Sorry, but I do no think that
will happen either or will be far and few between and
totally ineffective!"

The same goes for any other committee/service the
League might consider. (Unfortunately)

73's,

Bob K5SEP
Life Member QCWA and ARRL
Member - Antique Wireless Association
Life Member - New Mexico Radio Collectors Club