[AMRadio] hecklers

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Fri Jan 27 19:39:39 EST 2006

Bob said: "...is YOUR extreme bias."

To what: belief that ARRL serves a good purpose - implementation of
RM-11305 will turn all the HF bands into "jungle law" - won't ever wear
white socks
You need to expand what you mean by "extreme bias".

Bob said: "Experience has demonstrated that the League has NOT been
responsive to the ham community"

Absolutely - The ARRL has to be responsive to the amateur radio service
not just to the ham community. The ham community is comprised of vast
numbers of "special interest" groups. There is absolutely no way the
ARRL/FCC/Gov is going to please all these groups all the time.

Bob said: "NEVER has an "officer" asked any questions NOR responded to
any issues to myself or others. ALL elections gave a short BIO - NO
information to make an informed decision!  Never anyone whom MET with
members or non-members."

As a member you have the opportunity to vote in the election of the
Director/Vice-Director. Also, as a member you have the ability to be a
candidate yourself if you feel none of the candidates are deserving of
the position.  I agree, that short bios may not convey enough information
about the proposed candidate so it may take some extra effort on the
voters to seek the additional information they might need in order to
make an informed decision. Many times the information doesn't just drop
on your doorstep. You have to go and retrieve it yourself. As a member,
you have to ability through your vote, not to put someone in the
Director/Vice-Director position that sucks.

Pete, wa2cwa
ww.stampoutrm11305.ugh