[AMRadio] reply to SSB interference

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 20:16:20 EST 2006

You're right.  Let's all build a spark gap transmitter so we can really be
wide!!
AM signals are wider than SSB and in the mind of the typical SSB'er we are
antiques living in the past.  And they are right.  I think that the best
approach is to ignore the hecklers and detractors.  I don't think that the
FCC is about to prohibit AM on the ham bands.  The FCC has many higher
priorities than ham radio.

Bob W6TR