[AMRadio] Notice

Brian Sherrod arksky at alltel.net
Mon Jan 30 13:01:40 EST 2006

Okay, here's the deal; guys, gals...

This message below (from WA3FRP, copied) is not in accordance with
proper posting to this list.  I have refrained from getting involved in
this discussion since there are so many of you that are far more
informed on the subject than I, but I think it's about time to stop the
"thread" on this subject here and now.

Our list is primarily for discussion of AMRadio in regard to operating,
equipment, tech questions, answers, scheds, news, and friendly
discussion for those who enjoy our niche of the hobby.  Announcements of
threatening news against our part of ham radio is perfectly acceptable,
but I think it's time to stop this discussion here and now  Everyone by
now surely knows what to do to voice your opinion to the FCC and ARRL.

If any of you want to start your own "AMRadio Politics" email list... be
my guest.  Or... there are other places for this already.

I will not tolerate name calling, as this message from WA3FRP has
certainly done "on the list".  Everyone has their opinions, but if you
feel the need to get this explicit and decide to describe someone as
Russ has, send a private email, go somewhere else ...or get lost.  You
are, Russ, the first person since 1998 to call someone an "asshole" on
the AmRadio reflector.  Congratulations!

This list has been a productive source of good technical information
regarding AM operation for many years, and I want to keep it that way.

Again; if someone wants to start another list for "am politics" or name
calling, go for it.  Nuf said....

Brian / w5ami