[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Mon Jan 30 15:23:27 EST 2006

I agree with Larry. I've been collecting the pieces for a 813x2 desktop amp
for awhile now. I'm almost ready to begin. I have heard from many AM ops
that with the correct setup, a linear amp works great. As for the operation
of 813s on 10M, Ronnie is correct that some people have had trouble there. I
have some information from a ham who built an amp that runs from 160 - 10M.
All it took was specific consideration of the interelectrode capacitance on
10M. If you are really interested I could email you the scans he sent me
(once I get an OK from him).

Best of luck on it and please keep us all informed as to your progress!

73,

Mark W1EOF