[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Mon Jan 30 16:14:23 EST 2006

No problem with them mounted horizontally if in the correct plane. Example:
For years in the ARRL handbook 1960s there was an article that described
separate 813x2 amp for each band, all rack mounted. As a young ham in the
early 70s I would looke that and drool.

The 813 is a great tube, certainly very high on the watt-per-dollar chart.
It's always been one of my favorites along with the 810, 4-400, and the
4-125. I always thought the 4-125 would be great as a final for a say...
350W CW transmitter. Like the T-9er, but with more power out.

Anyone needing projects, or potential projects email me off-list.
No charge, I will give them away to a good home.

73,

Mark W1EOF