[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 30 19:54:05 EST 2006

Larry,

   I am interested in what your friend Jim, KR1S has in mind for that 100
watt AM solid state exciter for 75 meters. Is that carrier output, or PEP?
In thinking about it, this could vary from a "scaled up CB" rig with a tuned
class C final with high level modulation, or maybe a small AM exciter with a
solid state push pull linear, or maybe a class E setup. We seemed to get
side tracked on the 813 amp idea, and glossed over the exciter concept you
laid out.

  How about a nice juicy MRF-150 with high level drain modulation, or low
level gate bias modulation? I bet no one has ever tried it either way..

Regards,
Jim
WD5JKO

[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Larry Keith

My friend, KR1S (Jim Kearman) is designing an AM
transceiver, for me.  We plan for this to be a
solid-state unit that will deliver about 100 watts
out. It will be single band (75 meters) and I have
been considering using that to feed a homebrew linear.
I have the makings of a 2 x 813 amp thanks to my and
Jim's hamfesting efforts.
Larry
KQBY

Larry Keith