[AMRadio] 813 question

charles free mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 10:12:56 EST 2006

Hello all,

I have a buddy who insists that if I don't get my old
813's out of the "future project" box and fire the
filaments up on them now and then, the base seals will
eventually deteriorate.  I guess he is talking about
the adhesive that secures the base to the bulb.  I
don't see how the glass envelope where the leads pass
through the glass could be affected by lack of use,
but maybe one of you folks has experience with this.
Anybody heard of this one before?

W4MEC, Charlie in NC