[AMRadio] AM Transmitter Advice??

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Tue Jan 31 10:36:20 EST 2006

Mark is correct:

A pair of 813s linear on AM is at best a little better that the Johnson rig
with three 6146s class C plate modulated.  This is assuming that you will
not run the 813s beyond the CCS plate dissipation limits (100 watts per
tube).  If your solid state rig is 100 watts PEP (equivalent carrier about
20 watts) then this will be a big improvement.  If your driver rig is 100
watts carrier and 400 to 500 watts PEP then you will not see a lot of
difference when you go to the 813s linear.

How ever 813s class C plate modulated will run the legal limit easy.

John, WA5BXO