[AMRadio] 813 question

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Jan 31 14:20:03 EST 2006

I have about ten 813 tubes, mostly hamfest specials, actually,
they are ALL ham fest specials.

When I built the 813 rig, I picked 2 and plugged them in, been using
those same tubes for 15 years.
At one point, I went through my collection, plugging in one tube
at a time, and they all worked well.

I think there are 2 different kinds, ones with graphite plates, and a few
with metal plates?

Over all the years of using tubes, I had one 75th loose its filament, and
one 4d32 has a piece of metal floating around in it (but it works), and
I have an 811 with no plate cap. The 75th was the only one that ever failed,
although I have got some bad tubes at fests (4-400, 4cx250b).

The Russian 811 tubes all have loose bases and I don't use them.

Brett