[AMRadio] 813 question

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Tue Jan 31 19:45:56 EST 2006

I asked on the Tube Collector Assc list and got this response from Lane
Upton,
who is a retired engineer from Eimac and one of the knowledgeable people
around
regarding the manufacturing of transmitting tubes:

"The leakage/breakage of metal to glass seals is primarily due to thermal or
mechanical stress. There should be no reason for tubes just lying around to
have any seal problems."
Lane Upton

73,

Mark W1EOF