[AMRadio] Motorized Variables

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun Jul 2 10:54:01 EDT 2006

Jim,

Thanks a million, you definitely helped.  I have two 4 RPM 115 vac gear
motors I want to use and with your advice it appears I can.  If the 4
RPM is too slow I can always gear it up a little faster.  They are
capacitor start and bi directional, so that should work well.  I want to
use mechanical limit switches, but with the number of turns it takes to
run the full range of a vacuum variable I don't exactly know how I'll go
about it.  If it doesn't work out to be too large I may put a gear with
a peg in it that would turn only one revolution from start to finish and
activate the limit switch at each end.  Any ideas?

Guru or not, if anyone has an idea or suggestion, please, let me know.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ