[AMRadio] Motorized Variables

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun Jul 2 11:09:56 EDT 2006

Geoff,

Thanks!  You read my mind (short read!) about the potentiometer and
meter configuration to indicate the position.  Since I'll likely remote
the 1R2 that should work great along with the other remote connections.
I may have a couple of breadslicers that would work, but I thought the
vacuum variables would be the safer way to go.  I would really like to
have a roller inductor to use for the coil, but haven't been able to
find one I can afford.  I thought I had one, but have been unable to
locate it.  I'll either have to get one or use a relay to switch the
coil tap when moving between 160 and 75 and possibly 40 later on.

When I get the capacitors in house I intend to set it up just as you
suggested,  in breadboard style, to do the mechanical and preliminary
tuning.  Hopefully, I can mount all of the components on a single piece
of aluminum and install it in the 1R2 as a unit in existing holes. I
like to keep things so they can be reversed without a trace of ever
being there.

Thanks,
Rick