[AMRadio] FW: Request for HAM Radio Operator

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Jul 3 09:42:18 EDT 2006

Anthony W. DePrato wrote:

> At 01:24 PM 7/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> I am getting a message from Paypal that I have some undisclosed
>> activity. It has a box that I am to click on to acess my accont.  Of
>> course, I do not. Has anyone else received this what  appears to be a
>> legitimate alert from PayPal?
>

> this is a 2nd or 3rd time this has come around it is NOT from Paypal

2nd or 3rd?

I've got 7 email accounts (the REAL Paypal only knows of -one- and I've
only used it once, and that credit card has since expired) and -all-
email accounts get hit multiple times a day with this 'Paypal' scam.

It's nothing more than Phishing.  If you -do- go to the site, by
clicking on the link, then any information you give, is equivalent to
authorizing thieves to access your money accounts.

I trash 'em.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,