[AMRadio] Aircraft Radio Set QRP

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 21:08:38 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have an Airadio TRA-1b transmitter and SU-52B receiver. A very small
tube type pair. I can post a pix.
   If my memory is correct the transmitter can be tuned to the AM
portion of 80mtrs and would be an interesting little transmitter.
But, the receiver covers some of the AM radio band and below in the old
Aircraft/Airport cross banding..
   I seem to remember a converter offered by some mfg that would
downconvert shortwave to the AM Broadcast band like there was for FM
reception for the car..
   Does anyone know what this was or if there is one of the radio kit
mfgs that offer a simple converter.

Thanks,
Bill  KB3DKS/1