[AMRadio] Aircraft Radio Set QRP

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 8 22:28:56 EDT 2006

Bill,

   There is a Gonset ham to broadcast converter on Ebay right now. Looks
like it would do if you are up to sucking out 50+ years of dust, re-capping,
re-tubing, etc. I believe Gonset was one of several manufacturers that made
converters. GONSET SUPER 6 SWBC SHORTWAVE CONVERTER VINTAGE BC-HF Item
number: 220004059767

   I recall back around 1970 when I first discovered ham radio that locals
in Detroit used 1806 Khz as an AM mobile calling frequency.  Maybe some
folks modified the tube type AM car radio to receive 160 meters directly.
Covering 80 m without a converter would be a bigger job.

Regards,
Jim
WD5JKO