[AMRadio] Aircraft Radio Set QRP

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Jul 9 13:51:44 EDT 2006

crawfish wrote:

>Gonset also made a Super 12. I have a Super 6, and it had to have wiring
>changes to it to run on 12 volt filament. Back in the early 1980's, there
>were some hams in the Mobile, AL area who used 1815 for all 3 modes(AM,SSB,
>and CW). They finally moved up above 1850. Most of those guys are gone
>now.It is strange to hear SSB down in the low end of 160m on contests.I have
>moved AM cars radios up to 1900 in years past.

There have been some OO Notices sent out to people operating SSB in the
lower part of 160m.  The issuer claimed that there's a 'band plan' on
160m.  It was supported up to the enforcement level, and when it was
pointed out to me (and others) I (and I'm sure others) wrote the
enforcement buearu saying that there -isn't- such a thing as a 'band
plan' on 'Top band'.  I think it was all eventually dropped.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR