[AMRadio] Aircraft Radio Set QRP Reprise

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 14:15:56 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

These have me thinking some more and while a converter like the Gonset
would work and be tuby too, a simple solid-state hetrodyne converter
could easily be battery powered and easily added on or implanted.
   The transmitter uses a standard FT-243 xtal at 3105 so could probably
be easily retuned for 3885 or left down in in the CW area if it can't
move up to the AM portion. I could also add a BFO osc as simply.

I have two pix up on my Website at:

http://photos.doxaudiolab.net/displayimage.php?pid=108&fullsize=1

http://photos.doxaudiolab.net/displayimage.php?pid=107&fullsize=1

The first is a shot of the simple tube and tank layout and the second
is the two units. You can see just how small these are.
Controls are lacking so fixed frq transmit is only possible as there is
no way to retune.
I have been unable to find any technical info on these units.

Clicking on the full size pix will return to the picture index where
there are also a couple scanns of some early WE and RCA B'cast
transmitter schematics.

Has anyone used the solid state vibrator replacements?  I would think
they would be more efficient and generate less noise.

Thanks Again !

Bill KB3DKS/1