[AMRadio] selling rigs too quickly

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Jul 12 13:54:50 EDT 2006

I have a friend at work who, in 1992 or thereabouts, sold the Collins KW-1 that he had, for a few grand. I didn't know the value of those things back then, and he was trying to move into an apartment, and needed space. I still kick myself (and tell him about it). He probably wishes he had checked around for what they were worth.
Maybe  a few grand was a good deal in 1992?

My present stance is to hold on to everything, until I am sure that I will never need it, even years in the future. Some call this pack rat mentality. I am about 10 years from retirement in the RF power profession. While I cannot always justify or find the time to rebuild BA transmitter and receivers that I am accumulating at present, who knows how I will feel when I don't have to drive to work anymore. Nothing goes out to the trash or 'fest, unless it is absolute mung or I have a replacement that does mo'/better. Unfortunately this has gotten me into trouble with the XYL, so I am contracting to have a 2 car garage built out in the field, with some extra space out back. The XYL bought the car-needing-a-good-garage story.
73
John
K5PRO