[AMRadio] Re: Value of Homebrew RIgs

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 14 10:30:56 EDT 2006

Theo Bellamy wrote:

>Your forgot:
>
>4) Rich old fart buys 6 KW1'a and puts them in his basement along with his 8
>Johnson 500s and his 12 Glob King 500s. They never get heard on the air
>again, and now there are 25 guys out in the world who might have been able
>to enjoy using one of them but can't because some greedy old fool has
>hoarded them away.

I'm not sure that there's much distinction between the 'greedy old
fools' and the (lack of) mentality of some of those that think they are
in the AM vs SSB 'war'.  I've heard a couple of comments at different
hamfests, after a Viking II or a 32V is bought... "here's another one
that'll never be heard on the air!"

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,