[AMRadio] OUT SOURCE OUT OF COUNTRY TECH HELP

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Fri Jul 14 19:04:55 EDT 2006

Dell has gone down hill drastically. I purchased 3 high-end systems last year, 2 desktops and one laptop--not bargain PCs mind you, these were the higher end models.

Both desktops have boot problems that Dell is unable to resolve--so we just live with having to reboot over and over until they start up. The laptop had a motherboard failure followed within 90 days by a hard drive crash.

Oh, and about that Dell "in-home warranty" that you pay extra for--it's in home because YOU do the repairs, they just send you the parts. The hard drive crash was all on me--it took 2 full nights to restore and patch all the software to bring it up to date. Then they threatened that they would CHARGE ME for the hard drive if I didn't return the defective one within 10 days!--because, you know, I must be a thief, right?

I will never buy another Dell. I sent in formal complaints to the company and got nothing back. But check Dell's recent stock price--the marketplace has reacted to their quality problems.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT