[AMRadio] OUT SOURCE OUT OF COUNTRY TECH HELP

Bob Bruhns bbruhns at erols.com
Fri Jul 14 19:21:43 EDT 2006

I had a bootup problem where the machine would see the hard drive,
and I could boot from a floppy (I use Win2000 with FAT32, so a
simple win98 boot disk can get me into the hard drive files) and
the files were all there, but it just would not boot from the hard
drive unless I kept retrying over and over, and then finally it
would boot.

I tried all kinds of things on the drive, but it turned out to be a
conflict between the hard drive and the CD burner on the same IDE
cable.  I removed the CD burner, and it was fine.  In my case, the
CD drive used to work fine with the hard drive, and then this
started happening.  Some day I'll see if the CD burner works on the
other IDE cable, etc.

  Bacon, WA3WDR