[AMRadio] Anyone Using Tek 5403/5440/5441 or Similar?

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 15 23:16:52 EDT 2006

Don,

    I did a little looking, and there is some emails concerning that scope of the Yahoo Tekscope group.

Maybe the folks there can assist you.

FWIW, I recently was given two dead 2215 Tek scopes. I got both working about 90% by simply changing out the power supply electrolytics, or well most of them. It seems that age has taken it's toll on these parts, and many of them were 'weightless', and had only a few mfd capacity when the rating was much higher. Seems like the capacitor juice done evaporated! It was amazing in that every time I changed another capacitor, some other weird problem went away. I never had to to crack open the schematics.

Regards,
Jim
WD5JKO