[AMRadio] Collecting vs. Hoarding (was: Value of Homebrew RIgs)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 09:44:06 EDT 2006

On 7/14/06, Anthony W. DePrato <wa4jqs at mikrotec.com> wrote:

> ok i have 2 valiants and 3 ht 32's so who wants to buy these and come to ky
> and load them up.?
> also have a few sx 62a's.
> 73 Tony
> wa4jqs

See, I've had similar issues and trying to pack a heavy rig properly
takes a lot of time and materials. Then you still have no guarantee it
will get there okay. Either that or someone expects you to give it to
them because they used to sell for $25 way back when so that's what
they're worth now.

I did have two HT-37s (keeping with the theme) which I sold to another
AMer on the amfone board last year. He was in Joisey, but it worked
out because I dropped them off at the Hosstraders hamfest with another
guy who hauled them back down to him. They were in decent shape:
original and complete with no hacks or mods that I could see but dusty
from years of storage and the cabinets needed painting. Sold the pair
for $200 just to get them out of my way.

But this stuff goes on regularly. You just don't hear about it unless
it's related to a top dollar sale on epay. There is plenty of gear
available if you're willing to go get it and actually pay for it.
There's even free stuff still out there, but you need to be willing to
actually go get it.