[AMRadio] RE: Tek 'Scope Repair,

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Wed Jul 19 10:12:29 EDT 2006

There's a guy on eBay that advertises "Tek 'Scope Rebuilding"--whatever that means. His service is on "sale" this month for $99.95. But he only does the old 500-series 'scopes. I would think the total cost of his service would be probibitive--shipping to and from, $99.95 labor, plus maybe (if you're lucky) a half dozen tubes and a few caps--another $100. The whole thing could hit $300 very fast and those old 500-series 'scopes can be had for $20. So it doesn't make much sense to me.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT