[AMRadio] VTVM Battery Eliminator

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Thu Jul 20 12:26:52 EDT 2006

Going through these old magazines, one idea that pops up a few times is replacing the OHMS battery in old VTVMs with some sort of regulated 1.5V derived from the VTVM's AC supply. The circuit designers seem to be a bit at odds over the best way to accomplish this.

Has anyone does this with a circuit that they are happy with? I'd like to do this to one or more of my VTVMs but I don't want to experiment with it--I want an optimal circuit that will be reliable. Anybody got one?

73, Don Merz, N3RHT

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)