[AMRadio] Re: shipping: Delta ASM-1

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Sat Jul 22 16:57:41 EDT 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, W4AWM at aol.com wrote:

> If it is boxed by a UPS store, I wouldn't give you two cents for its chances
> of safe arrival.

   I can surely second that caution - if you want it sent, unwrapped,in a
single-wall el-cheapo, half-taped cardboard box 3/4 filled with styrofoam
peanuts - well, go ahead.

   And as for what the local "UPS Store" wants for this 'service' (not to
mention then handing it over to the UPS Gorilla Team) - I'd just as soon
take a half-hour and do the packing myself.  Pretty much the same can be
said for "FedEx/Kinkos" - if you can find one that will actually offer
pack - ship.

   Of course, to give credit where due - they are not supposed to be expert
electronic packers.  But, still - either do it properly yourself
or locate a packing / crating / shipping service that can handle delicate
radio stuff.  If I knew a nation-wide place, I'd list the name, but I
always pack my own shipments - and I've sent fairly big Stuff all over the
world.

  Cheers

John  KB6SCO