[AMRadio] fs: Delta ASM-1

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 20:52:52 EDT 2006

I said.

<Dave and All,

I strongly recommend exactly that. Depending on the location, white
styrofoam 8X4 ft sheets from 1/2 to 1 inch or more are available
reasonably cheap. The Hi R pink dense type is real good but more
costly. I use both all the time along with double wall cartons or
double boxing.

It is all in the laws of Inertia. Isaac Newton I believe. >

To clarify,

   The material above is meant to reinforce the container. The unit
itself must still be wrapped and sealed as others have outlined.
The foamboard absorbs impact and puts a distance between the item and
the outside world.
   Due to extra (oversize) costs my packing is tight and compact while
still alowing for impact . Peanuts have little if any recovery from
compression. Besides the mess they make.

Bill KB3DKS